PNE Container Art 2011 | Call For Submissions
The PNE Container Art Show provides an exhibition opportunity for artists. This unique, multi-disciplinary show is housed in 12- to 20-foot shipping containers, which will be set up in the Spirit Plaza area on the PNE grounds. The 17 day show will be open-themed. The jury will select work that reflects the diversity of Vancouver artists. It will be up during the PNE Fair and we are anticipating drawing almost 1 million people over the 17 day fair.
Emily Carr University holds a special competition for two of the containers, which are reserved for our students. This competition will be judged by an internal jury comprised of faculty members. Students in 3rd and 4th year and the MAA program are eligible to submit an entry. The selected artists will be paid a $500 installation fee as well as a $1000 artist fee.
Submission Deadline: May 13, 2011 | 4pm
Send submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proposal including drawing, write up, and other details of your proposed work, including any technical requirements, electricity etc. (maximum two pages)
- Completed submission form
- Artist statement (maximum one page)
- Three images of past artwork(s) in either a multi-page pdf or jpeg form, maximum 1MB each
- A numbered list of artworks
Please include all submission requirements in one document (either pdf or doc form), with the possible exception of images. Label all documents with your name, and include your entire submission in one email.
Please visit the PNE for dates and times.
For more information contact the Dean's Office at email@example.com.