Administrative Assistant C, Facilities
Permanent Full-Time Position
8:30am to 4:30pm / Monday to Friday
Pay Grade C ($38,423 to $41,135 per annum)
Applications are invited for an Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of tasks to support efficient operation of the Facilities department. The Administrative Assistant works collaboratively with other Facilities staff to ensure the highest levels of services provided. Applicants will have:
- Grade 12 Completion and additional specialized training.
- Minimum one year related experience, preferably in a post-secondary environment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and balance multiple priorities with frequent interruptions.
- Knowledge of basic computer programs (i.e. Microsoft Office and email).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty, and the public.
- Ability to effectively respond to a wide variety of inquiries in a courteous, pleasant, and helpful manner.
Some Typical Duties:
- Serves as a frontline contact for the Facilities department and provides information regarding facilities issues, and directs inquiries to appropriate person and/or department.
- Receives, processes, and logs Requests for Service pertaining to maintenance, repair, and operational problems.
- Monitors Service Providers Help Desk events and provides reports as required.
- Maintains key allocation database, and processes key requests.
- Maintains locker allocation database, and processes locker requests.
- Receives and processes furniture allocation and redeployment requests.
- Assists student, staff, faculty, and visitors with parking issues, issues parking passes, and maintains lists of lot users.
- Assists in preparing a variety of documents, including correspondence, reports, lists, forms, signs, etc.
- Provides back up for other Facilities staff as required.
Please send a cover letter and resume (quoting Competition #S039-2017) by 4:00pm, Friday, 24 November 2017 to:
Human Resources, Emily Carr University
520 E 1st Ave, Vancouver BC V5T 0H2, Fax: (604) 844-3885 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be submitted as a single pdf document.