CS Instructor - 3D Design Studio
Continuing Studies Instructor Employment Opportunity
INDUSTRIAL DESIGN: 3D Design Studio
Continuing Studies Department at Emily Carr University of Art + Design requires an experienced design instructor to teach CEID 420 F001 3D Design Studio, a 6-session course (24 total hours). This course's dates and times are Saturdays, Oct 28 - Dec 9, 2017, 1:00pm - 5:00pm.
In this advanced-level studio course students apply product design processes and methods to the development of functional or experimental objects or environments. The emphasis is on research, problem solving, and creative experimental responses to projects, discussions, and critiques of ideas and form. Course content focuses on analysis, concept development, and communicating 3D concepts for products or environments as models or prototypes. Slide lectures, demonstrations, and discussions encourage students to develop innovative solutions to the course projects.
Education + Experience:
Individuals should have a master’s degree and professional experience in Design or an equivalent combination of education and experience as well as demonstrated passion for and excellence in teaching at a post-secondary level.
Skills + Abilities:
We are seeking candidates offering the following skills:
• Expert knowledge in the area of design process and strategy in 3D contexts
• Demonstrable professional experience in current design practices, working with form and understanding its principles, and integrating skills in design research, ideation, and problem-solving with concept development and modelling skills.
• Post-secondary teaching experience (preferred)
• Evidence of successful teaching capacity in the form of tangible, positive evaluative feedback (references, previous course evaluations) considered an asset
• Strong team, organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint)
Please send a cover letter, resume, portfolio/website URL, and short teaching statement in ONE PDF file (quoting Competition #CEID-08-2017) to:
Emily Carr University
Subject: Comp. # CEID-08-2017
(Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted)
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Emily Carr is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority.