Media Resources Technician
Temporary Full-Time Position (ASAP to 5 May 2018)
Hours to be Determined
Pay Grade D ($22.09 to $23.65 per hour)
Applications are invited for a Media Resources Technician to be responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of the University’s Media Resources equipment distribution area used by Students, Staff, and Faculty. Applicants will have:
- Two-year diploma in a Media related field (i.e. Audio, Film/Video, Photography) from a recognized post-secondary University.
- Minimum one year related experience working with a wide variety of media equipment, preferably in a post-secondary environment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to clearly communicate and demonstrate the use of media equipment to Students, Staff, and Faculty with widely varying technical backgrounds.
- Well-developed organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to create and maintain positive and effective working relationships with Students, Staff, and Faculty.
- Knowledge of computer basics (i.e. Microsoft Office and Email).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as perform as a team player.
Some Typical Duties:
- Assists, Students, Staff, and Faculty by checking media equipment in and out using the Reservation and Distribution Database System.
- Responds to general inquiries from Students, Staff, and Faculty regarding Media Resources equipment use, policies, and procedures.
- Under the direction of the Media Resources Coordinator, maintains media equipment Reservation and Distribution Database System. Troubleshoots day to day operation, ensures data is up to date, and adjusts bookings for maximum flexibility, and runs daily reports on equipment bookings and late returns.
- Examines returned equipment for damaged and/or missing parts. Troubleshoots simple equipment faults and effects minor repairs (i.e. batteries, bulbs, screws, and menu settings). Performs tests to ensure proper function and cleans equipment. Reports more complex equipment faults to Senior Media Resources Technician.
- Assists Students and Faculty by providing simple instructions on the proper use and handling of portable media equipment in seminar rooms and lecture theatres. Refers requests for further operational instruction to Senior Media Resources Technicians.
- Assists the Media Resources Coordinator in preparing Media Resources policies and procedures documentation (i.e. forms and signs).
- Under the direction of the Media Resources Coordinator, organizes and maintains the storage of media equipment and supplies. Creates kits for the transportation and storage of new equipment for distribution. Edits and prepares supporting instructional documents for new equipment in collaboration with PHOT, FVIM, and FNDT Technicians. Assists in compiling statistics on equipment inventory and use of Media Resources.
- Participates in the set up and dismantle of media equipment for classrooms, graduation, and special events.
Please send a cover letter and resume (quoting Competition #S040-2017) by 4:00pm, Friday, 24 November 2017 to:
Human Resources, Emily Carr University
520 E 1st Ave, Vancouver BC V5T 0H2, Fax: (604) 844-3885 Email: email@example.com.
Applications should be submitted as a single pdf document.