Introductory 2D Design Basics
Discover the design field.
If you’re new to design, this certificate program provides a great introduction to typography, graphic design and communications strategy while teaching you to use industry-standard tools and apply design theory. The Introductory 2D Design certificate is ideal for students new to design who aspire to work with leading design faculty in a hands-on studio environment. Upon completion you’ll have examples of portfolio-ready projects, as well as an understanding of business and professional practices in the design industry.
We're here to help you evaluate and explore your fit with Emily Carr University's Certificate programs.
- DOWNLOAD the Part-time Certificate Registration Form
- APPLY + REGISTER online
- SIGN UP for an information session
- CONTACT Continuing Studies
- READ the Frequently Asked Questions on the Certificate Programs page
- DOWNLOAD the Introductory 2D Design Basics Handbook