It's easy to register online anytime! Watch this video for some tricks and tips for navigating InsideEC, our online registration system:
All new and returning Continuing Studies students may register online. To register and pay for Continuing Studies courses online, please read carefully:
- If you are new to our program, please click HERE to request an online registration account User ID and password.
- If you are a returning student, you are already set up for online registration! Just click HERE to get started on InsideEC.
- To request your Student ID number, or re-activate your status, please click HERE
Please Note | By registering for a CS course you are agreeing to our registration policies. To see the full list of registration policies, please click here.
Registration using insideEC
What is "insideEC"?
insideEC is the online registration portal for Emily Carr University of Art + Design. Please note that this system is shared by Degree Students and Continuing Studies Students. Please read carefully for information concerning Continuing Studies.
What can I do with insideEC?
- Register & pay for a Continuing Studies course
- Update your mailing address, phone & email address
- View and print your T2202A tuition tax receipt
- Check your class schedule
- Check your student information profile
What can I NOT do with insideEC?
- Withdraw from a Continuing Studies course
To withdraw from a CS course, contact email@example.com , phone us or come in person. Make sure to read our withdrawal policies before registering. Refer to the Continuing Studies calendar for complete registration policies.
Who can access insideEC?
Anyone with a Student ID issued by Emily Carr may access insideEC
A Student ID is a seven-digit number issued to you when you register for your course. It is on your Registration Confirmation / Receipt. It is also sometimes referred to as a Colleague ID.
Do I have a Student ID number with Continuing Studies?
You have a record already if:
- you have taken a course with CS before or are currently registered in a course
- you have been waitlisted for a CS course
- you have asked to be on our mailing list
- you are a current or former Degree student, faculty or staff member at Emily Carr
Note: Your status may appear as de-activated if you have not had any interaction with the CS Office in the past 5 years. To activate your status, complete this short form and it will be emailed to you.
What if I can't find or can't remember my Student ID number?
If you can't find your Student ID, then complete this short form and it will be emailed to you.
I don't have a Student ID yet because I am NEW to Emily Carr!
Getting a Student ID is easy! Click HERE request your account.
Will I be automatically set-up for online registration?
If you register or get waitlisted for the first time by phone, fax, or in person you will automatically receive your online access to insideEC by email to the address you have provided us. This usually takes approximately one week.
Now I have a Student ID! How do I get into insideEC?
Navigate to https://inside.eciad.ca
Login using your UserID and Password, if you know them or click on "what is my user ID" and enter your last name and Student ID number.
Remember that we share insideEC with Degree Students, so always read carefully for information concerning Continuing Studies. Also read carefully when you receive emails back confirming your registration.
Do not mix Student ID number and User ID
Student ID number (sometimes also called ColleagueID) is your record number in our database (it is the seven-digit number on the confirmation receipt when you register).
Payment of tuition
Remember at Continuing Studies, tuition fees must be paid at the time of registration. Don't forget after processing the registration online to go to the Continuing Studies Main menu and click on "make a payment" before to log out. Failure to pay will result in your removal from the course, so make sure you have completed your payment before you log out.
- When contacting the CS Office, please mention your Student ID number if you know it.
- Use firstname.lastname@example.org only for online registration issues. This address is monitored Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
- For general inquiries, please contact email@example.com from Monday to Thursday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, and Friday 8:30 am - 12:30 pm.
Need more help?
Check out these illustrated step-by-step guides for navigating InsideEC:
InsideEC General Information
- How to search for general information on a course
- How to search for availability in a course
- How to search for a supplies list for a course
InsideEC Registration and Services
- How to find your User ID and Password
- How to retrieve or reset a lost Password
- How to search for and register in CS courses
- How to make a payment for CS courses
- How to view and print your T2202 Tuition Tax Receipt
- COMPLETE Illustrated Step-by-Step guide to using InsideEC
- Troubleshooting tips for using InsideEC
For help with Continuing Studies web registration, please contact [[firstname.lastname@example.org]]