Scotiabank PLATFORM Program
Emily Carr University of Art + Design is pleased to announce the Scotiabank PLATFORM Program for Emerging Entrepreneurs. This program supports the entrepreneurial development of Emily Carr students and graduates across a range of disciplines.
Fall 2014 at Launch Academy
The Scotiabank PLATFORM program is currently supporting 5 entrepreneurial students participating in an intensive program at Launch Academy.
This incredible opportunity was awarded to five highly motivated students interested in launching their own business.
Influenced by the Lean Startup Movement and taught by Vancouver’s best entrepreneurs, developers, and designers, this program teaches students the fundamentals of building a startup. The program is intended to foster an ability to think differently about developing innovative products and disrupting marketplaces. Through this program you will hone your ability to generate and implement new ideas, you will access the industry’s top mentors, and you will learn everything from incorporating your business to acquiring your first customer.
Over the last two years, Launch Academy has incubated over 180 companies, who have raised over $25 million dollars and created over 400 jobs, twenty of which have been accepted into premier accelerator programs. Program mentors include former partners from Deloitte, former Googlers, writers for The Huffington Post, major law firm partners, HR professionals, Marketing and PR experts, and some of the country’s top entrepreneurs.
Through this program, students are learning to:
- Understand and implement the fundamentals of lean methodology
- Understand and implement customer development processes
- Manage the step-by-step guide of operating a small tech-based business
- Implement tips and tricks of multi-channel distribution with minimal resources
- Build relationships with potential advisors, co-founders and investors
- Develop a real and viable startup business
- Prepare your startup for top accelerators like 500startups, TechStars, GrowLab, and FounderFuel
Emily Carr University of Art + Design gratefully acknowledges Scotiabank for their support of this program, coordinated in partnership by the Social + Interactive Media (SIM) Centre and Continuing Studies.