Direct Travel is a full-service post-secondary travel advisor and is ECU's preferred vendor for all staff and faculty travel, hotel booking and car rental.
Who can book through Direct Travel?
Booking through Direct Travel is only available to ECU staff and faculty.
Student monitors or students working for ECU as a student are not eligible to book through Direct Travel.
Why are we using Direct Travel?
As the official travel partner for ECU and BCNET, Direct Travel offers you competitive pricing, a personalized travel experience, and exceptional support.
Direct Travel offers:
- The best pricing—instantly! Including rates negotiated specifically for BCNET members.
- Discounts on flights with WestJet, Air Canada, Delta and Cathay Pacific
- Competitive hotel rates, including discounts negotiated specifically for post-secondary institutions as well as offerings from the Canadian Association of University Business Officers, the B.C. government, and more.
- Rental car savings.
- A dedicated travel advisor team that specializes in educational travel, including athletic and group experts— making travel seamless!
- 24/7 after-hours and emergency support.
Direct Travel provides duty-of-care. This means that in the event of an emergency, they will locate you and get you home quickly.
All bookings made through them will have access to their 24/7 Rescue Line for support outside business hours.
How to book
- Staff and faculty will have received information by email. If you require the information, contact Kathleen Johnson, Supervisor, Accounts Payable.