Continuing Studies Department at Emily Carr University of Art + Design requires an experienced instructor to teach within the User Experience (UX) Design Certificate program.
Course content includes:
- Preparing effective concept statement
- Networking, interviewing, presentation and storytelling skills
- Time management, professional communication
- -Ethics in design
Individuals should hold a degree (Masters or equivalent preferred) in UX Design, UI Design, Interaction Design, Communication Design, or related field, and 3 years professional experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience). Candidates should demonstrate a passion for life-long learning, and have measurable and diverse industry experience within the field of Interaction design. We are looking for active designers who are looking to be part of a vibrant learning community.
We are seeking candidates offering the following skills:
- Extensive knowledge of User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) design practices and trends
- Expert knowledge of time management techniques
- Knowledge of professional communication, interviewing techniques, presentation skills and storytelling
- Knowledge of writing for concept statements, case studies
- Knowledge of design ethics and professionalism within industry
- Ability to sequence and adapt teaching schedule and style to successfully reach diverse learners
- Strong class management skills, including implementation of equitable practice, positive disciplinary skills, empathetic communication, and student-centered learning
- Strong teamwork, organizational, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
Please send a cover letter, cv, portfolio website and short teaching statement to:
Continuing Studies, Emily Carr University
Subject: Comp. #UXDes_CEIE204
Applications are accepted until position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this course, please contact email@example.com
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Emily Carr Continuing Studies is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcomes and prioritizes applications from persons who identify as Black, Indigenous or persons of colour, women, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority.