Interaction Design Certificate
Students develop skills including web design, coding and motion graphics, as they produce both web and mobile-based projects. Graduates exit the program with a professional portfolio and a wide range of in-demand skills.
The Interaction Design Program is ideal for students with a passion for interaction design and technology, eager to launch and grow their career. Successful students in this intensive program are those who take initiative in their own learning, manage their time well and have a strong work ethic.
Interaction Design Essentials students include:
- University graduates looking to change careers
- Visual artists looking to move into digital or UX design
- Established professionals looking to expand their skills
- High school graduates with a passion for technology and design
- Individuals looking to launch a career in interaction or communication design
The goal of the Interaction Design program is to provide students with the skills required for entry-level employment within the interactive design and digital media sector.
- Develop interactive web sites with creative and technical proficiency
- Produce responsive web sites and interactive mobile applications using current design methodologies and tools
- Apply appropriate user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design principles and terminology
- Demonstrate proficient usage of industry-standard programming languages, terminology, software and tools
- Design visual graphics, including raster, vector and motion graphics, for optimized application in interactive media
- Practice efficient research, analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- Employ effective time management and organizational strategies to meet project deadlines
- Exemplify positive peer communications and team work in both remote and face-to-face environments
- Produce a professional portfolio
CAREERS + FURTHER EDUCATION
Interaction Design Certificate recipients can apply their education to a variety of roles within the interaction and digital media sector. Depending on the level of work achieved and previous education and experience, students can pursue a range of entry-level opportunities including:
- web developers
- web designers
- new media project managers
- mobile application developers
- interactive designers
- user interface (UI) designers
- user experience (UX) designers
ASSIGNMENTS + ASSESSMENTS
Students are evaluated through the completion of assignments and projects. Students can expect at least 1 hour of homework outside of class for every 1 hours of class.
Professional conduct, collaboration and teamwork, time management, organization, communication, participation and attendance, will also affect the final grade. Attendance is compulsory.
A minimum C+ is required to achieve a passing grade in each course and to receive a certificate.
The Interaction Design program is an intensive, full-time 6-month (24-week) program with intakes in April and September.