In partnership with BCIT, the Communication Design Essentials Certificate gives you an ideal combination of design knowledge and technical skills to begin your entry-level career or accelerate your continued learning to earn a four-year degree. Through this program, you’ll get the hands-on experience using the most up-to-date technology and techniques for graphic and communication design. You’ll study with working industry professionals to learn today’s challenges and skills and produce your own print and digital portfolios to help you showcase your work to your future employer.
Course content includes:
- Brand identity, layout, typography and package design;
- Corporate communications and project management;
- Prepress production for print and introduction to web design;
- Skill development in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign; and
- Design thinking and process development.
The courses in this one-year certificate program have been designed to give you the essential skills in graphic and communication design to begin your career or get a head start on furthering your education. All your studies, including vector graphics, digital media design, and packaging design, focus on the practical skills and knowledge you’ll need every day for a successful design career.