Register for Continuing Studies Courses

How to Register

Register for courses online as part of a certificate program or choose an individual course or workshop. Enter our registration portal, MyEC, by clicking the name of the course you are interested in, then click 'Register For This Course' which appears in the yellow box under the course description. From there, further registration directions will be prompted. You may contact Continuing Studies by email for help with registration and programming inquiries, and by phone or in person up until the course start date. We strongly recommend early registration, as space is limited and courses fill to capacity.

Certificate Courses

Students do not have to be completing a part-time certificate to register in courses. Courses are open to all students 18 or older.

OneCard ID

The Emily Carr OneCard is your new permanent Emily Carr University ID card that will provide access to campus facilities as determined by your course registration, including classrooms, shops, studios, and any other areas and resources that are assigned for your specific requirements. All students must have their OneCard ID to access their classrooms and ECU services. To obtain your OneCard ID card students must upload their own photo. Follow the instructions contained in your registration confirmation email or, if your registration confirmation email is unavailable, follow the directions below. You should upload your photo in advance of your courses start date. You will receive your permanent ID card at your first session.

Uploading your OneCard ID photo

To being the uploading process, login to myEC.

All Continuing Studies students have a myEC account. If you are new to
myEC or unsure of your User ID or password, follow these steps:

1. Go to myEC
2. Retrieve your User ID by clicking 'What's my User ID?'*
3. Reset your password
4. Check your email to receive your password
5. Login In to myEC

* Your Colleague ID is your student ID number

Through myEC you will be able to: register and pay for courses online;
print your registration statements under Financial Information; print
your T2202A receipt for the previous year; and update your contact
information. You have access to myEC even if you aren't a current student.

To upload your photo for your OneCard ID card:

1. Log In to your myEC account
2. Click on 'Student'
3. Under Campus Links, click on 'Emily Carr OneCard ID Card'
4. Carefully read the instructions, then click on 'Get Started Now'

Your User ID and password for myEC and MyPhoto are the same.

Please note: if you are new to myEC or have recently reset your password,
it may take 24-48 hours to access MyPhoto.

For further assistance with OneCard, myEC, or uploading your photo contact: