Where are the courses held? 

All Continuing Studies courses are held on ECU’s new campus: 520 E 1st Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5T 1A7. Click for map.

Where can I buy supplies, and how much will they cost? 

Most Continuing Studies courses require that students purchase supplies. A list of required and recommended items is provided with your confirmation of course registration. In general, students should expect to spend between $50-$200 on supplies for each course. 

Some supplies are available at a discounted rate for ECU Continuing Studies students from any Opus Framing & Art Supplies location. You must present your course registration confirmation/receipt to receive your discount. 

How will I know if a course is cancelled or changed?

In the event of a course cancellation or a change (instructor, room, date or time), all registered students will be notified by email. Please visit our CONNECT website and navigate to your course and section by discipline for the most up-to-date information. 

What happens if I am unable to attend a course I registered in? 

Be certain to understand ECU’s Withdrawal and Refund Policy: 

Refunds or tuition waivers, minus an administrative charge of $35 per course, will be given if notification of withdrawal is received seven or more calendar days before the start of the course. No refund will be given if notification of withdrawal is received less than seven full calendar days before the start of the course. Exceptions are only considered as they pertain to extenuating circumstances on an individual basis. In such cases, a written request for refund, accompanied by appropriate documentation from a third party (e.g. subpoena), must be submitted. Students may withdraw from a course by phone, fax, or email. Under no circumstances will refunds be granted for requests received after course completion. Course transfers or special requests cannot be accommodated after course completion.

Am I eligible for a discount on courses?

Seniors: A discount of 10% is available to all seniors aged 60 or older at the time of registration, with identification. 

Do I receive a tuition tax credit for Continuing Studies courses?

Yes. T2202A Tax Receipts are available to download through InsideEC by the end of February. Please note, tax receipts are only issued for amounts over $100.

Am I eligible to borrow items from the Emily Carr Library?

Students registered in Continuing Studies courses and programs are entitled to access with their OneCard ID, which means that they can borrow up to 15 books, graphic novels, or Exhibition Catalogues. For information regarding library services and hours, visit the library website.

The library and ECU Learning Commons is located on the 2nd floor of the campus. The library collection is composed of print resources including books, journals, and exhibition catalogues; a broad range of electronic resources; slide and digital images; films, videos and DVDs; sound effects; artists’ books; the University’s archives; and a menu collection. Some items may be ‘On Reserve’ for specific courses. Library collections are accessible in-house to all students, faculty and the public.