Unleash your creativity through versatile DIY printmaking techniques. In this exciting workshop, you will explore monotype printing, trace prints, paper alterations, rubbings, and alternative relief techniques. Approaches will range from printing found objects, from one’s home or immediate surroundings, to direct transfer prints. Discover the many ways printmaking intersects with other creative practices by combining these printmaking approaches with drawing or photography. By the end of the program, you will have developed unique prints for your portfolio.
*There are no scheduled sessions for this workshop this Fall. Please check back for updates*
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions on our Registration Policies page.
Through successful completion of this studio, you will be able to:
- Apply image composition, manipulation and layering techniques to monochromatic and multi-color prints
- Develop experimentation and problem-solving capabilities
- Enhance printed objects by altering them with everyday media
- Incorporate multiple techniques into a single print
- Develop an understanding of how printmaking intersects with other creative practices
- Assess the work of peers and of established artists critically