Explore narrative and visual storytelling as you shoot, edit and produce a range of work both individually and collaboratively. Learn the basics of screenwriting, storyboarding and directing as well as technical production skills. Discussions will focus on how video has evolved with new technology, audiences and platforms as well as the influence of society and culture.
Through completion of this studio, you will be able to:
- Acquire knowledge of how to operate video and audio recording equipment, as well as video and sound editing software.
- Gain experience of the entire process of video production, from concept development to the final edit.
- Gain an understanding of the history of cinema, film language and contemporary media practices
- Develop the ability to critically discuss aesthetics, form and meaning
- Acquire knowledge and gain technical skills in scriptwriting, storyboarding, cinematography and camera shots, lighting, and sound
Materials & Resources
Students participating in SIT will need to source their own supplies for their registered studio.
Full list of supplies will be available by May 1st, 2022
Estimate cost of supplies: $70-$100
- Adobe Photoshop*
- Adobe Premiere*
- Adobe Audition*
*ECU will provide access to the required softwares.