Explore how you see the world around you with traditional, technical and experimental drawing processes. Through various drawing methodologies investigate and apply a variety of drawing media and approaches to elevate your work and extend your comfort zone. Learn to work with graphite, ink, conté, charcoal and pastel as you further develop your technique and style. Create a variety of large-scale representational drawings, abstract compositions and sketches for your portfolio.
The Drawing studio runs on campus July 4-29, 2022, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, from 9am-4pm (Pacific Daylight Time, GMT -7). This studio is offered through the Summer Institute for Teens 2022. Please visit the Summer Institute for Teens main page to learn more about the program and access the registration webforms.
Through successful completion of this studio, you will be able to:
- Adopt basic vocabulary related to drawing methods and techniques
- Utilize sketching and ideation strategies
- Understand how use and handle drawing tools and materials
- Engage in the process of translating ideas from sketch into a finished drawing
- Promote individual response in using drawing as a form of expression
Materials & Resources
Students participating in SIT will need to source their own supplies for their registered studio.
Full list of supplies will be available by May 1st, 2022
Estimate cost of supplies: $110-130