Academic requirements for Graduate applicants
If you are applying to the Master of Design or Master of Fine Arts degrees, you must hold a recognized Bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution.
- We accept applications from applicants who hold the following undergraduate degrees: Bachelor of Design, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Media Arts, Bachelor of Architecture.
- Applicants holding a Bachelor's degree in a field outside of art and design may also apply, but must demonstrate studio proficiency.
- Applicants holding a three-year Bachelor's degree may apply if it is equivalent to a four-year Canadian degree.
- Applicants must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (B).
- Applicants in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree may apply.
Flexible admission criterion
Our flexible admission criterion is meant to recognize excellence and expertise in specific creative fields.
- If you are applying to the Master of Design or Master of Fine Arts degrees and you do not hold a Bachelor’s degree in any field, you may qualify for flexible admission. Applicants that demonstrate experience toward eligibility outside our academic requirements are required to follow all application steps.
If you are applying to the Master of Design or Master of Fine Arts degrees and you hold a Bachelor's degree in a field outside of art and design, please see the requirements above.