Transcripts | Graduate Admissions

All applicants must submit official transcripts - educational records of your academic performance.

Submitting transcripts

  • Mail or courier the official physical transcripts of your accredited post-secondary university or college.
  • Submit your transcripts by the deadline of January 15.
  • Educational transcripts should be sealed and addressed as follows:

Transcripts for Graduate Admission
Emily Carr University of Art + Design
520 East 1st Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5T 0H2

Any missing documents from your application will result in a delay in reviewing your application and notifying you of the result.

Transcript requirements

SEALED: Applicants must submit official, physical educational documents and/or transcripts from all educational institutions they have attended. Transcripts must be official copies, sent directly to Emily Carr by the institution attended. Or you may obtain official copies of your transcripts from the awarding academic institution to be forwarded, still in the original sealed envelope, to Emily Carr.

OFFICIAL: To be accepted as an official transcript it must have an official stamped seal and/or signature of the issuing institution. Photocopies, faxed copies, and legally certified (notarized) copies are not acceptable and should not be submitted.

LANGUAGE: Transcripts from non-English speaking educational institutions must be submitted in the original language with an additional official certified English translation.

ASSESSMENT: Foreign documents may need to be assessed by the International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES). Graduate Admissions will contact you if the documents require further assessment.


    • If you require notification that we have received your transcripts then you must either drop them off in person or send them via a courier service that allows you to track their receipt.

    Are you in the process of completing a degree?

    Applicants who are in the process of completing a degree at the time of applying must submit in-progress or interim educational documents by the deadline.

    If admitted, applicants must submit a final, official transcript verifying the completion and award of their degree directly to Emily Carr University's Graduate Admissions by the date stated in your letter of admission.

    Keep track of it all—download the grad studies application checklist.