COVID-19 Readiness Plan
On October 2, the Government of Canada amended travel restrictions to allow international students to enter Canada if their designated learning institution (DLI) has an approved COVID-19 readiness plan in place – effective October 20, 2020. Emily Carr is approved to receive international students, and have provided our COVID-19 Readiness Plan.
All international students who are planning to come to Canada must register their arrival and quarantine plans with our International Advising Office by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Testing + Quarantine Requirements — Updated July 2021
If you are fully vaccinated
As of July 5, international students will be exempt from quarantine, the requirement to stay at a government-authorized accommodation and day 8 testing if they:
- are fully vaccinated with the full series of a vaccine — or combination of vaccines — approved by Health Canada and administered 14 days prior to arrival in Canada listed here
- meet all entry requirements listed here
- are eligible to enter Canada – this includes international students who have a valid study permit to attend a DLI with a government-approved COVID-readiness plan;
- are asymptomatic;
- meet the Government of Canada requirements of fully vaccinated travellers – detailed information on approved vaccines is available on the webpage; and
- meet all other entry requirements, including entering your information in ArriveCAN before arrival.
- have a valid study permit, and the school they are attending must be considered a designated learning institution (DLI) with a COVID-19 readiness plan approved by its province or territory (ECU has an approved readiness plan).
The suspension of flights from India to Canada has also been extended until July 21, 2021.
Travellers who hold a valid (not expired) Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and visa can travel to Canada as of June 21, 2021.
If you are not fully vaccinated
You will be required to take a COVID-19 PCR test upon arrival and self-isolate for 72 hours at a Health Canada-approved hotel while awaiting your result.
To book the hotel for the 72-hour stay, please go here.
- If you receive a negative result: proceed to go to your quarantine accommodation.
- If positive: You will continue to quarantine in a Health Canada approved hotel.
As mentioned above, if your COVID–19 test is negative, you will continue to self-isolate for 14 days at a location you have pre-arranged for your arrival. Please read and follow provincial and federal guidelines for self-isolation:
If you do not have a place to complete the 14-day quarantine due to unforeseen circumstances or short notice, please email Otilia at email@example.com. We may be able to arrange accommodation for you.
More information on BC’s COVID-19 requirements is available on the BC. Ministry of Health website here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
These FAQS only address issues pertaining to international students. For information that affects all students, including updates on current and future campus operations, please see this page.