Continuing Studies at ECU requires an experienced instructor to teach within the Interaction Design Certificate program. This 6-month, full-time career-focused program provides students with the skills required for entry-level employment within the interactive design and digital media sector. Students develop web design, coding and motion graphic skills as they produce both web and mobile-based projects and a final portfolio.
Course content includes:
- User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) design principles and terminology
- Development and production of interactive, responsive web and mobile applications
- Development of efficient research, analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- Skill development in industry-standard programming languages, software and tools
- Design thinking and process development
Individuals should hold a degree (Master's or equivalent preferred) in interaction design, communication design, computer science, or related field and 3 years of professional experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidates should demonstrate a passion for and commitment to life-long learning, and have a measurable and diverse set of industry experience and professional practice within the field of interaction design. We are looking for active web designers or programmers and mobile app designers or developers who are looking to be part of a vibrant learning community.
We are seeking candidates offering the following skills:
- Extensive knowledge of User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) design practices and trends
- Extensive knowledge of mobile app development, design and production
- Demonstrable professional experience in interaction design for a variety of devices
- Expert computer literacy across a variety of design tools and Adobe Creative Cloud core programs
- Knowledge in visual fundamentals, digital design, layout strategies and contemporary design theory
- Experience in concept development for digital media using a variety of techniques
- Ability to sequence and adapt teaching schedule and style to successfully reach diverse learners
- Strong class management skills, including implementation of equitable practice, positive disciplinary skills, empathetic communication, and student-centered learning
- Strong teamwork, organizational, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
Please send a cover letter, CV, portfolio website and short teaching statement, quoting competition #IDES_CEIE220_2020 to:
Emily Carr University
Subject: Comp. #IDES_CEIE220_2020
- Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Emily Carr is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority.