Instructor, Introduction to Rhino | Introduction to SolidWorks
Continuing Studies Department at Emily Carr University of Art + Design requires an experienced design instructor to teach introductory workshops in Rhino and SolidWorks, and assist in the development of a Sketchup workshop.
Presented as a 2-day intensive workshop, Introduction to Rhino helps develop hands-on 3D prototyping and problem-solving skills using real-world scenarios and/or personal projects as examples. This course is intended for industrial designers, jewelry makers and product designers interested in manufacturing.
Introduction to Solidworks explores the possibilities for creating 3D CAD models for design and other projects. The 2-day intensive workshop covers fundamental functions of this powerful software, including how to build 3D models from 2D drawings.
Education + Experience:
Individuals should have a master’s degree and professional experience in Design or an equivalent combination of education and experience as well as demonstrated passion for and excellence in teaching at a post-secondary level.
We are seeking candidates offering the following skills:
- Expert knowledge in the area of software for design professionals and strong computer literacy across a variety of applications
- Demonstrable professional experience in current design practices, specifically 3D design for products, modeling and prototyping, production and manufacturing practices, project management, and client presentations
- Post-secondary teaching experience (preferred)
- Diverse knowledge in critiquing strategies
- Evidence of successful teaching capacity in the form of tangible, positive evaluative feedback (references, previous course evaluations) considered an asset
- Strong team, organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook), Adobe Creative Cloud
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, portfolio/website URL, and short teaching statement in ONE PDF file (quoting Competition #CEID-06-2019) to:
Emily Carr University Continuing Studies
520 East 1st Avenue, Vancouver BC V5T 0H2
Subject: Comp. # CEID-06-2019
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
(Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted)
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Emily Carr is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority.