Continuing Studies at ECU is seeking an experienced instructor to teach CEDR 101 - Introductory Pen + Ink, an 8-session course (total 24 hours).
This course is scheduled for Thursdays, February 20 to April 9 ,2020, 6:30pm – 9:30pm.
Take a classic, black-and-white approach to the expressive medium of pen and ink drawing.
Through exercises and step-by-step tutorials, you will learn to create a range of work, from photo-realism to abstraction and everything in between. Work with a range of pen points using bistre and sepia inks, as well as combinations of ink and watercolour.
Experimentation with ink and wash will be introduced as you explore tone, texture, line and stroke, gesture and calligraphy, proportion and visual balance.
Individuals should have a Master’s degree and professional experience in drawing or visual art, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, as well as demonstrated passion for and excellence in teaching at a post-secondary level.
We are seeking candidates offering the following skills:
- Expert knowledge in experimental and traditional drawing and ink work, with experience in various drawing and ink materials, tools, and approaches
- Demonstrable experience with contemporary drawing and ink professional practice
- Experience developing concept, engaging in diverse creative processes and realizing a final piece
- Experience working with students with different skill sets and diverse creative, cultural, and educational backgrounds
- Diverse knowledge in critiquing strategies and student engagement
- Post-secondary teaching experience (preferred)
- Strong team, organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Presentation skills with the use of Keynote or Microsoft PowerPoint and a projector
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, portfolio website and short teaching statement, in one PDF document, quoting competition #CEDR101-SP20 to:
Emily Carr University
520 E 1st Ave
Subject: Comp. #CEDR101-SP20
- Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
- Renumeration: $71.50/hour
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Emily Carr is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority.