The Interaction Design Certificate is a 6-month, intensive full-time program, blending design principles with technical skills training. Classes run weekdays, 3 hours a day. You will exit this program with a certificate as well as a portfolio of work created throughout the program.
The program is ideal for students interested in learning the fundamentals of interaction design with the intention of gaining employment in that field after graduation.
The Interaction Design Certificate program is offered bi-annually, starting April and September. Applications are accepted throughout the year with opportunities for early admission.
Deadline for April intakes: February 15th
Deadline for September intakes: July 15th.
Note: The first term of our Fall 2020 intake will be hosted online.
Not what you're looking for? GO BACK TO FULL-TIME CERTIFICATES
The goal of the program is to provide students with the skills required for entry-level employment in the contemporary interactive design and digital media sector.
The program is ideal for students with a passion for interaction design and technology, eager to launch and grow their career.
Students in this intensive program who succeed are those who:
- take initiative in their own learning
- manage their time well
- have a strong work ethic
Students who complete the program will gain the skills and knowledge to:
- Develop interactive websites with creative and technical proficiency
- Produce responsive websites and interactive mobile applications using current design methodologies and tools
- Apply appropriate user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design principles and terminology
- Demonstrate proficient usage of industry-standard programming languages, terminology, software and tools
- Design visual graphics, including raster, vector and motion graphics, for optimized application in interactive media
- Practice efficient research, analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- Meet project deadlines by employing effective time management and organizational strategies
- Exemplify positive peer communications and team work in remote and face-to-face environments
- Produce a professional portfolio
The program runs for six months (24 weeks), consisting of two 12-week terms. There are 15 hours of classes weekly, for a total of 360 class hours.
Term one consists of introductory design and interaction practice.
Term two builds to greater levels of technically-advanced practice.
Career + Further Education
Interaction Design Certificate recipients can apply their education to a variety of roles within the interaction and digital media sector. Depending on the level of work achieved and previous education and experience, students can pursue a range of entry-level opportunities including:
|Web Developer||Web Designer||New Media Project Manager|
|Mobile Application Developer||Interactive Designer||User Interface (UI)/ User Experience (UX) Designer|
Students can use work from their certificate program in an admissions portfolio to apply for the Bachelor of Design.