Our Interaction Design Certificate is a 6-month, intensive full-time program which blends design principles with technical skills training. Classes run weekdays, 3 hours a day. You will exit this program with a certificate as well as a portfolio of work created throughout the program.
The program is ideal for students who are interested in learning the fundamentals of interaction design with the intention of gaining employment in that field after graduation.
The Interaction Design Certificate program is offered bi-annually, starting April and September. Applications are accepted throughout the year with opportunities for early admission. We recommend submitting your application by mid-February for April admission, and mid-June for September admission. Seats are limited.
The goal of the Interaction Design program is to provide students with the skills required for entry-level employment within contemporary interactive design and digital media sector. Ideal for students with a passion for interaction design and technology, eager to launch and grow their career, successful students in this intensive program are those who take initiative in their own learning, manage their time well and have a strong work ethic.
Students who complete the Interaction Design Certificate Program should have the skills and knowledge required to:
• Develop interactive web sites with creative and technical proficiency
• Produce responsive web sites and interactive mobile applications using current design methodologies and tools
• Apply appropriate user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design principles and terminology
• Demonstrate proficient usage of industry-standard programming languages, terminology, software and tools
• Design visual graphics, including raster, vector and motion graphics, for optimized application in interactive media
• Practice efficient research, analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
• Employ effective time management and organizational strategies to meet project deadlines
• Exemplify positive peer communications and team work in both remote and face-to-face environments
• Produce a professional portfolio
The Interaction Design program is an intensive, full-time 6-month (24-week) program with intakes in April and September. The program consists of two 12-week terms. Term one consists of introductory design and interaction practice. Term two builds to greater levels of technically-advanced practice. There are 15 hours of classes weekly meeting a total of 360 class hours.
Career + Further Education
Interaction Design Certificate recipients can apply their education to a variety of roles within the interaction and digital media sector. Depending on the level of work achieved and previous education and experience, students can pursue a range of entry-level opportunities including:
- web developers
- web designers
- new media project managers
- mobile application developers
- interactive designers
- user interface (UI) designers
- user experience (UX) designers
Students can use work from their certificate program in an admissions portfolio to apply for the following programs: