Faculty Course Reserves
Instructors can place articles, books, or other media on reserve in the library for a specific course.
Students are able to check these items out for: 2 hour in library use; overnight loan; 3 day loan; or 1 week loan. Processing of reserve materials can take up to 48 hours.
To place materials on reserve
Use the reserve request form below, or contact the reserves department.
- In person at the library service desk
Items that CAN be placed on reserve
- Photocopies of articles (1 copy/per article) *Include full citation information
- Library media items (link to: MEDIA BOOKINGS)
- Personal copies* of books or media items (must be legally authorized copies)
Items that CANNOT be placed on reserve
- Interlibrary loan items, however sections of a book may be photocopied and included in a course pack (Canadian Copyright Law applies)
- Photocopies submitted without full citation information
- Videos/DVDs that have been copied illegally
* Personal copies on reserve:
The Library does not assume responsibility for loss or damage of personal copies placed on reserve. Library labels will be applied to the items to allow them to circulate, and removed when they are taken off reserve. A few small pieces of clear book tape may remain.