Our Great Northern Way campus is the first purpose-built art and design education facility in Canada. Situated in East Vancouver on the False Creek Flats, our LEED Gold-certified building features sky-lit atria, galleries and exhibit spaces, and a natural light-filled library and learning commons which offer a stunning backdrop for your event.
We are currently renting our Reliance Theatre, Rennie Hall and our Main Boardroom to external clients. Room specifications, audio visual inclusions, and basic fees can be found here.
STEP 1: Complete and submit our online Booking Request Form
This form will ask you to provide the following information:
- The type of event you are planning
- The number of attendees
- The date(s) and times you are interested in hosting the event
- The space you are interested in booking
- Any other relevant information
Please email Events if you have any questions, or call 604.844.3075.
STEP 2: Connect with our Events Team
Once dates and availability have been cleared by the university, you will be contacted by a member of the Events team.
Our team will review the details of your event, provide you with a quote and send you a Facilities Use Agreement for signature, outlining the details of your event.
STEP 3: Security Deposit + Certificate of Insurance
- A 50% deposit is required to secure the space.
- Payment options include credit card, debit card, cash, or cheque made out to Emily Carr University of Art + Design.
Our spaces are in high demand. If your security deposit is not received by the university when requested, your space may be given to another rental client. If you cancel your rental within 30 days of your event, your deposit is forfeited.
- All applicants must supply public liability insurance in the form of an insurance certificate or certified copy of a Liability Insurance Policy providing limits of not less than $2,000,000. Emily Carr University of Art + Design shall be named as additional insured.
Failure to provide this documentation will prohibit the Applicant from use of Emily Carr University’s facilities. Please note that cancellation policies apply to any event cancelled within 30 days of the scheduled booking.
Please note: Both the Security Deposit and Certificate of Insurance must be received 10 days prior to your event.
Additional Fees, Guidelines + Terms
We acknowledge that the land on which Emily Carr University resides is the unceded territory of the Coast Salish peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), Stó:lō and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.