Transfer Student Applications

Transfer to Emily Carr University and bring your course credits with you.

If you are an academic, fine art, design, or media arts-based student with credits earned from another post-secondary institution, you may be able to transfer into a program at Emily Carr University.

About Emily Carr University

We welcome university-level transfer applicants from a number of post-secondary institutions in addition to those included on our partner list.

Second and third-year undergraduate transfer applicants will be considered on a space availability basis.

If you are a first-year (Foundation Year) applicant, and you possess previous studies, please submit those official transcripts with your Foundation application. Your official transcripts will be reviewed for transfer credit that fits your desired major.

Transfer Student Application Guide

As a transfer applicant, you must:

Step 1 | Review our partner institutions list

Don't see your institution on the list? We welcome university-level transfer applicants from a variety of post-secondary institutions in addition to our listed partners listed. Contact us for more information.

Step 2 | Follow the How to Apply guidelines

Submission of transcripts and, in some cases, English Proficiency test results are also required.

Step 3 | Submit a distinctive Transfer Applicant Portfolio

    If you are applying to transfer to the Bachelor of Fine Arts, Visual Arts major, you may qualify for exemption from the requirement for portfolio submission based on your GPA academic standing.

    Questions? Need help?

    More Information

    Quick Links