Your advisor can assist you with:
Advisors assist you in creating your education plan. They can help you pursue your plans to complete your major and/or minor.
READING AND INTERPRETING PROGRAM EVALUATIONS
The Program Evaluation is a powerful tool for selecting courses toward graduation. Advisors can help you review your program evaluation and counsel you on your academic plans, course and major selection, and discuss academic opportunities available to you.
ASSISTANCE WITH MAJOR OR MINOR SELECTION
If you are considering adding a minor or changing your current academic program, advisors can help you explore the requirements of various majors and minors.
Advisors can help you address common registration issues, understand registration restrictions, explore course options, review registration holds, and assist with planning and preparing for registration periods.
POLICY RELATED QUESTIONS
Advisors can explain university policies and procedures and assist you in completing related forms.
ADVISING SESSION EXPECTATIONS
All students are encouraged to meet with advisors periodically throughout their studies. The following specific student groups are strongly encouraged to meet with advisors:
- Third year students should make appointments in the Spring semester before summer registration to aid in planning for their final year.
- Students going on exchange should make appointments prior to leaving for their exchange program.
- Students who change their major.
OTHER KINDS OF ADVISING
Emily Carr has many people who are here specifically to help you make the most of your university experience.
- The Counselling office provides crisis, short-term and longer-term personal counselling/therapy.
- The Career and Co-op office can help you with job opportunities and co-op opportunities.
- The Financial Aid office can provide information on how to apply for various types of financial aid.
- The International Education office provides assistance to international students with arrival to Vancouver, orientation to Emily Carr and cultural adjustment.