Emily Carr Academic Advising offers comprehensive advising services to all new and current Emily Carr undergraduate degree students. The offices are located in the Student Commons. Your advisors are Andrea Nunes, and Terry Plummer, and your Transfer Credit Advisor is Caitlin Sousa.
Before meeting with an advisor either in drop-in advising or an advising appointment, please read Advising Online Code of Conduct.
Drop-in advising sessions - available via Zoom!
Online drop-in advising information
Drop-in sessions - for current students only
Tuesday - Friday
11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. PST
***Regrets! Academic Advising has to cancel drop-in for Thursday April 15th. Drop-in resumes Friday April 16th.
The link to the zoom drop-in session is posted here: mywco.com/advising.
*The drop-in session will close once it reaches capacity. If you see the message “the meeting is locked by the host” this means that the drop-in session is not yet open, or full and closed until the next session.
1. Drop-in advising will be held in a Zoom meeting. Download the free Zoom app or join via web browser by clicking the link (Google Chrome preferred) on a computer, laptop or mobile device. We strongly recommend you have a good internet connection.
2. Use the time appropriate link above to gain entrance to the Zoom waiting room. Please note that if you leave the waiting room you will lose your place in the queue.
3. If you see the message “the meeting is locked by the host” this means that the drop-in session has reached capacity and is closed until the next session.
What to expect once you enter the Drop-in Advising session:
1. You’ll enter a waiting room where you’ll remain until it is your turn. When it is your turn Advising staff will welcome you then send you to a breakout room where you will meet with an Academic Advisor.
2. Have your question(s) and student number ready. Stay attentive to the chat window on Zoom, as we may use it to communicate with you.
3. If your query is complex, you will be offered an advising appointment.
4. Leave the meeting and close/quit Zoom after your drop-in session ends.
Advisors can still be reached via email: email@example.com; appointments are online (video) or phone appointments only. Online or phone appointments can be booked through the appointment website: www.mywco.com/advising
Advising by email
For quick questions an advisor can often help you by email. We do our best to have questions answered by an advisor within 1 - 2 business days, or, when necessary, forward them to a more appropriate office. When emailing please provide your name, student ID, program, year level, and the nature of your question.
Each Advisor is available for 30 minute appointments which are available at the following times:
- Monday: 1:00pm to 4:00pm
- Tuesday through Friday: 10:00am to 11:00am and 1:00pm to 4:00pm
Advisors do their best to keep these appointment hours. However, unexpected conflicts in their schedules may arise. If an advisor is unable to keep an appointment the office will inform you by email.
Appointments can be booked at www.mywco.com/advising. To use the system, you will first need to register for an account with your Emily Carr email username and password. No other email addresses will be recognized by the system. Once you have created an account, you can begin booking appointments right away. You will receive a confirmation when your appointment is booked and you will receive a reminder notice the day before your appointment.
You can also cancel your advising appointments online. If you can no longer attend or no longer need your appointment, please cancel it to make it available to other students. If you miss two appointments without cancelling, you will lose your online booking privileges for the remainder of the semester.
If you are considering applying to Emily Carr, please contact the Admissions office. Admissions has an Advisor who can discuss programs and course transferability with you.
Tel: 604 844 3897