Get certified in User Experience Design
Emily Carr University's User Experience (UX) Design Certificate is a seven-month intensive program, blending design principles with technical skills training.
Who is the UX Design Certificate program for?
If you are interested in learning the fundamentals of user experience design with the intention of gaining employment after you graduate, this is the program for you.
What will I be able to do?
- Develop interactive websites
- Produce responsive mobile applications
- Design visual graphics
- Apply human-centred design principles
- Use industry-standard programming languages, software, and tools
- Enter the industry ready with a professional portfolio
When does it begin?
The program is offered bi-annually, starting in April and September.
Where can I learn more?
Subscribe to our newsletter to learn more.
All applicants are encouraged to apply early to secure a spot.
April 2021 Program Start
- November 15 - Early Deadline*
- January 15 - Final Deadline
September 2021 Program Start
- April 15 - Early Deadline *
- June 15 - Final Deadline
*Students who intend to apply for funding:
depending on the funding agency, applications may take several weeks to process and approve, so we recommend you apply by the early deadline.
applications for study permits may take up to 12 months, so we recommend you apply by the early deadline.
For a detailed overview of program including curricula, courses, learning outcomes and more, view our Program Handbook.
For a step-by-step application guide, view our Student Application Guide.