Email & Calendar Maintenance is Happening on Feb 21
ITS is performing email and calendar maintenance February 21st. There could be delays to email.
Email & Calendar Maintenance is happening during Reading Week!
Dear ECU Community,
During Reading Week, IT Services will be performing email and calendar maintenance. We appreciate your patience while we make these changes to improve accessibility, security and sustainability for all ECU staff, faculty, and students.
This will take effect on Feb. 21 at 8am, and here’s what you can expect when you return:
- You can access your inbox and calendar system by logging in with your MyEC ID and password through https://email.ecuad.ca on any web browser.
- Older emails and data will take around 2-3 days to appear in your mailbox (depending on the data stored in your account), but you can send and receive new emails right away on Tuesday at 8am.
- If you have an ECU device, look for an Outlook app on any Windows or Mac device. If you choose to use Apple Mail and iCalendar, please review the instructions on M365 Hub.
- Our Support team will be available throughout Reading Week; contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring us at 604-630-4565.
- If you are on campus next week, visit our support pop-up desks outside the Library and in the Academic Affairs Office, Room #D2320.
- Complete your M365 training by reviewing these videos on navigating the new system as a Windows or Mac user.
Please be assured that training and support will continue to be offered throughout the next few weeks. We will monitor critical issues and requests outside work hours and on weekends.
We look forward to bringing you a modern email and calendaring system that will improve your day-to-day experience at work.
Sandeep Sidhu (she/her)
Chief Information Officer
Emily Carr University of Art + Design
Originally Posted on February 17, 2023, 4:17pmAll Alerts