Join us for National Portfolio Day | December 2, 2017
Saturday, Dec 02, 2017 - 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Register on Eventbrite!
National Portfolio Day (NPD) is an opportunity to meet with representatives from colleges and universities accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
- an educational event for young artists/designers
- an opportunity for critique
- a chance to discuss your work with knowledgeable people from a variety of fine arts/design schools
- not an examination or competition
Representatives from Emily Carr University (and others, see below), will be conducting portfolio reviews between 11am-3pm. High school students, parents, teachers, guidance counselors and college/university transfer students are encouraged to attend. No appointment necessary.
Where should I go?
Emily Carr University of Art + Design
520 East 1st Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5T 0H2
What should I bring?
- finished pieces, works in-progress and sketchbooks
- original work is preferred whenever possible
- your work as it is, no matting or framing required
- for digital work, please bring a fully-charged viewing device (laptop, tablet)
- a sample of your best, not everything you've ever done
Who will be there?
- Alberta College of Art + Design
- Art Center College of Design
- CalArts (California Institute of the Arts)
- California College of the Arts
- College for Creative Studies
- Columbus College of Art & Design
- Concordia University
- Cornish College of the Arts
- Drexel University, Antoinette Westphal
- Emily Carr University of Art + Design
- FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising
- Laguna College of Art + Design
- Maryland Institute College of Art
- New York of Interior Design
- NSCAD University (Nova Scotia College of Art and Design)
- OCAD University
- Otis College of Art and Design
- Pacific Northwest College of Art
- Paris College of Art
- Parsons School of Design
- Pratt Institute
- PrattMWP College of Art and Design
- Rhode Island School of Design
- San Francisco Art Institute
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- School of Visual Arts
- Washington University in St. Louis
- Wilson School of Design at Kwantlen
- York University - School of the Arts