Alumnus Peter Morin Receives the 2016 Hnatyshyn Foundation Visual Arts Award
Posted on September 20, 2016 | Updated June 10, 2019, 11:07AM
Peter takes home the $25K prize for outstanding achievement by a Canadian mid-career artist.
Emily Carr University is pleased to share news that The Hnatyshyn Foundation has named alumnus Peter Morin ('01) as the recipient of the 2016 Visual Arts Award for outstanding achievement by a Canadian mid-career artist. The award is accompanied by a $25,000 cash prize.
Peter Morin's interventions and projects take us outside our own experience and into a new space of humour and wisdom. His work as an artist, a teacher, and curator have defined him as a leader within a new generation of artists.”
The award winners were selected by a panel of five experts:
- Glenn Alteen - Curator and Writer, Co-founder and Program Director at grunt Gallery
- David Balzer - Author, Editor-in-Chief of Canadian Art Magazine
- Marie-Ève Beaupré – Curator at Musée d’art contemporain de Montréal
- David Garneau– Artist, Associate Professor of Visual Arts at the University of Regina
- Linda Graif –Art consultant
View some of Peter's work below: