The Aboriginal Gathering Place at Emily Carr University of Art + Design is offering a free artist-based e-commerce EAGLE program (Empowering Aboriginal Generation of Leaders and Entrepreneurs).
The weekend workshops focus on leadership and entrepreneurship through e-commerce for Indigenous youth. The students learn from industry professionals in the areas of art, design, e-commerce and business.
The EAGLE program is designed and delivered to be an interactive and innovative experience comprised of creativity, culture and entrepreneurship.
It has all of the components of e-commerce learning mixed with art practices (3D printing, laser cutting, 360 Video, VR, AR, material practice).
Who is Eligible: Aboriginal Artists from the age of 18 to 30
Fees: Free (no Fees) and Lunch included
When: Saturday and Sunday from Jan. 25 to Mar. 15, 2020, including two Friday workshops
Time: 9:30am to 4:30pm
Where: Aboriginal Gathering Place, 520 East 1st Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5T 0H2
Contact: Connie Watts | email: email@example.com, c: (604) 313-0029
- Weekend 1: January 25th and 26th by Brent Mainprize, Rob Inkster & Connie Watts
Program introduction & Identifying your brand (cvs, bios and art practices)
- Weekend 2: February 1st and 2nd by Pat Christie & the Material Matters team
Development of digital tools (CNC, laser and 3D printing)
- Weekend 3: February 7th to 9th by Patrick Shannon (NOTE: three-day, Friday-to-Sunday workshop)
Key Principles for Business
- Weekend 4: February 14th to 16th by Patrick Shannon (NOTE: three-day, Friday-to-Sunday workshop)
Branding your online company
- Weekend 5: February 22nd and 23rd by Rob Inkster
Business Model Testing
- Weekend 6: February 29th and March 1st by Brenda Crabtree & Connie Watts
Connecting to Indigenous ways through material practice (art, drum making, etc)
- Weekend 7: March 7th and 8th by Olivier Leroux & IM4 team
New technologies in experiential and website presence (VR, AR, & 360 video)
- Weekend 8: March 14th and 15th by Instructor TBD & Connie Watts
Group card project (website overview & on-line marketing)