What is changing?
- IT Services is replacing firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org contacts with new online service forms on June 5th, 2023.
- Future emails sent to theses addresses will direct the requestor to our updated catalogue of service forms.
Why are we doing this?
- Emailing for help feels convenient and simple, but the practice limits how quickly and effectively IT Services can respond.
- About 78% of all ITS tickets were created this way since September 2022, representing over (5000) unique emails, largely around similar requests.
Service forms ensure faster service delivery by
- instantly connecting you with the right staff for your request
- collecting critical information up front
- leveraging university data to enable process automation
- reducing time spent on non-value-add activities
The ECU Client Portal catalogue enables better service delivery by
- highlighting and clarifying our specific service offerings
- providing a self-service portal with access to quick resources such as knowledge articles
- providing ITS with key performance data that can be analyzed and shared with university leadership
How will I get IT support?
- Create a ticket using the Report and IT Issue form if a service is down or something is not working properly.
- Streamline other requests by using our Digital Technology and Services Catalogue.
- Visit the campus IT Service Desk (B1116) or call (604) 630-4565.
How can I get started?
- Bookmark and browse our Digital Technology and Services Catalogue to see what’s on offer.
- Scan any IT Services QR codes you encounter on campus using a mobile device.
- Sign in with your myEC credentials when prompted.
How can I track and comment on open tickets?
- Track and update your ticket requests directly on the ECU Client Portal.
- Continue to interact with ongoing tickets by replying to our email notifications with any updates, questions or additional information.