ISW offerings this Fall term:
- 4-day Intensive: October 10-13th
For more information and to register click here.
- Once a week on Tuesdays for 4 weeks: Nov. 7, 14, 21, 28
For more information and to register click here
Instructional Skills Workshops (ISW) are a fascinating opportunity to explore and experiment with several aspects of teaching, all with support and feedback from your colleagues. They are suitable for new, mid-career or expert instructors - or anyone who wants to reflect on and improve their teaching.
Over 4 sessions, participants practice several approaches to teaching and reflection, such as:
- models for writing learning outcomes and teaching plans;
- techniques to encourage participation, engagement and motivation;
- ideas to build trust and confidence among learners;
- suggestions for evaluating learning;
- strategies for giving and receiving feedback
The cost for ECU students, staff and faculty is $0 ($500 for non-ECU participants), and we provide all materials, lunches, as well as reimbursement for childcare expenses for precariously employed ECU community members.
ISWs are recognized at all BC public post-secondary institutions and many around the world. Each participant will receive a certificate of completion that can be included in teaching applications and dossiers.