Funding Opportunities

Career + Professional Development

Graduate students have the opportunity to participate in Research and Teaching Assistantships and work as Teaching Fellows. Students interested in pedagogical practices are able to deliver undergraduate courses and work directly with faculty and assist in undergraduate course delivery while receiving support from specifically designed teaching and learning resources. Individuals seeking to expand and further their experience in research are paired with faculty with similar research objectives. This work, located in studio or lab settings, entails secondary and primary research.

Professional development is an important component of Graduate Studies at Emily Carr University. This is supported through extensive relationships with industry leaders, studio visits and critiques with leading artists, curators, and designers and sponsorship of internships and research initiatives.

Scholarships + Awards

To recognize high academic achievement and creative potential, a limited number of graduate entrance scholarships are offered to incoming students. You do not need to apply directly for these scholarships - the University will select students based on academic and creative merit as expressed in your application.

The university also awards scholarships and bursaries as you continue your studies, designed to recognize ongoing scholarly development and excellence, as well as financial need.

Student Loans

The Financial Aid + Awards office at ECU is available to answer any questions you have regarding eligibility for Canadian and American Government loans. Please call us at 1-604-844-3844 or toll-free at 1-800-832-7788.

It is important to note that the Master of Fine Arts (Low-Residency) program does not qualify for government student loan funding due to the program structure.