As we continue to prioritize the health and safety of our community during the COVID-19 pandemic, our annual convocation ceremony will take place virtually this year.
Graduands, along with friends and family, are invited to watch online. The ceremony will be publicly available to view anytime after the initial broadcast.
The virtual ceremony will honour each graduating student individually, with a personalized slide. We will also recognize our 2021 honorary doctorates and Emily Award winner.
We look forward to celebrating with you!
The virtual convocation ceremony will take place on Friday, May 14 at 2:00pm. Our ceremony will be hosted by Chancellor Geoff Plant and President Gillian Siddall, and will include:
- A drum procession and welcome from artist and alumnus Xwalacktun
- A celebratory greeting from the Honourable Anne Kang, Minister of Advanced Education and Skills Training
- Remarks by undergraduate student speaker Morgan Martino (BDes 2021) and graduate student speaker Melina Bishop (MFA 2021)
- The presentation of honorary doctorates to filmmaker Nettie Wild and scholar Eve Tuck
- The presentation of the Emily Award to alumna Laiwan
- Recognition of each graduand with a personalized slide featuring their artwork
We look forward to sharing this special day with you. Graduands, friends, and family are invited to register on Eventbrite for reminders and information about the ceremony.
How to watch
The ceremony will be streamed at 2:00 pm PDT on the Emily Carr YouTube channel.
After the initial broadcast, the video will be available on-demand through our YouTube channel for everyone to enjoy!
Celebrate with us on social media!
Share your messages of congratulations and reflect on your ECU experience by posting on social media with the hashtag #Classof2021ECU