Supplies + Texts
Some Critical Studies courses require a coursepack and textbooks. Information regarding the type of coursepacks and textbooks required are listed on the course outline. Students can purchase their coursepacks online at FedEx Office and purchase their textbooks at the READ bookstore located in the Charles H. Scott Gallery.
- Select the coursepack you require (listed under instructor), enter quantity and complete the rest of the form.
- Choose location for pick-up. For multiple coursepacks, please choose "Add to this order".
- Confirm your order as soon as possible. After completing the online form, contact the Project Coordinator at the branch you selected.
- Pickup your coursepack at the location you indicated. Coursepacks will be ready within 24 hours from the time of order (subject to volume and load).
- Payment will be due at the time of pick-up and you will be required to present your student ID card. All orders are final. Orders not picked up within three days will be cancelled.
Textbooks can be purchased at the READ bookstore located in the Charles H. Scott Gallery.
Some courses have ancillary fees. For all courses, students are responsible for purchasing materials for individual projects. It is recommended that full-time students budget up to $2500 CDN per academic year for books and supplies.
Opus Framing and Art Supplies
Opus Framing and Art Supplies, located directly east of the University's south building, provides an exclusive Emily Carr discount price program to the Emily Carr community. The discount provides substantial savings on all art supplies and pre-made frames and mats. To take advantage of this discount, please present your current Emily Carr identification card with official validation sticker at the time of purchase. Continuing Studies students can show a print out of their registration and payment receipt in lieu of an identification card.