Frequently Asked Questions
- Install ECU Public Printers on Your Mac Laptop (7MB zip file will download immediately) Updated September 5/2012
- Install ECU Staff/Faculty Printers on Your Mac Laptop (authentication required. Download will be immediate). Updated September 5/2012
- Install ECU Public Printers on PC Win 7 Professional 64bit Laptops (80MB file will download & instructional PDF - Win 7 Home not supported)
- Managed Software Update Utility (708k - Authentication required. Only available to staff and faculty)
- How to Access Emily Carr E-mail
- Computers on Wheels Information
- Computer Lab Hardware and Software Specs
- Lab Schedules
- ECU FTP Guide
- Degree Exhibition & Computers
- Degree Exhibition Computer Request Form
- Verify your Unix/E-mail account is working
- Fix file permissions in your webspace (WebFix) (CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE)
- Check your file quota
- Send an email to a class (Faculty only)
- Change email password (Done in Webmail)
- Report a problem with a lab computer
All Emily Carr students receive e-mail accounts and are directed to use it for Emily Carr communications. E-mail is an official means of communication with Emily Carr students by the faculty, administration and other service providers on campus. Contact email@example.com for questions regarding e-mail. Please send your student/staff/faculty number and your date of birth in the email.
Contact Student Services for questions and help with insideEC accounts. You can reset your insideEC password: https://inside.ecuad.ca, click on “What's My Password” (in the upper right corner). If you still require help, contact Student Services at: firstname.lastname@example.org
DOC (Digital Output Centre)
For information on the services provided by the Digital Output Centre, click here.
Library Computer Workstations
All students may use library workstations for access to the library catalogue, research databases/ and web searching. Scanning stations are also available.
Word Processing for all Students
All students may access room 203 for web browsing, e-mail, word processing and laser printing from PCs
Curriculum Computer Labs
Access to some curriculum computer labs may be restricted by program area, and/or the student's year of enrollment. A list of labs and the Studio Technicians follows:
Curriculum Lab are generally open during the same days and times as the campus. The Facilities Department posts the campus hours in several locations around the two buildings including their offices. Library hours are posted on the Library entrance door.
All laser printing throughout the campus are accessed through "Cash Cards". You can purchase a Cash Card from the vending machine located at the entrance to the cafeteria.
Laser printing costs:
Black & White letter/legal $0.08
Black & White tabloid $0.18
Colour letter $0.80
Colour tabloid $1.55
Inkjet printing costs:
-Inkjet Matte Paper Printer: $5.50/foot in length (17" wide)
-Inkjet Semi Gloss Paper Printer: $5.90/foot in length (17" wide)
Cash cards can also pay for copies made on photocopiers throughout the campus