Pay online or by phone
Register for online or telephone banking with your bank or credit union. Most Canadian banks and credit unions are set up to accept payment to Emily Carr 24 hours a day. The Payment Company is ‘Emily Carr University of Art + Design' and the Account Number is your student number. Be aware that telephone and internet banking often takes 1-2 business days to transfer funds.
- Register with your bank for online or telephone banking
- Go to “make a payment” or “pay bills and transfer funds” depending on your financial institution
- Add Emily Carr University as a PAYEE / BILL PAYEE on your account
- Use your Emily Carr student number as your account/customer/invoice number
- Return to “make a payment” or “pay bills and transfer funds” depending on your financial institution
- Enter amount of payment and select Emily Carr as the Payee
- Allow three business days for your payment to be applied to your Emily Carr student account
Pay by cheque or money order
- Make your cheque or money order payable to Emily Carr University.
- Write your Emily Carr student number and name on the front of the cheque.
- Deposit the cheque/money order in the Financial Services drop box at the Student Payments Office (B2118) located in Student Commons (no cash please).
Or mail the cheque to:
Emily Carr University
520 East 1 Ave
Vancouver, BC V5T 0H2
Payments must reach Financial Services by the published tuition deadline.
Please allow seven business days for your payment to be posted.
All cheques must be dated no later than the published tuition deadline.
Cheques dated after the tuition deadline date are considered late and will be subject to a $50 late fee.
There is a $25 fee for all returned cheques.
Pay by wire transfer
Contact the Student Payments Office in Room B2118, located in Student Commons for wire transfer information.
Please ask your banking institution to include your student number and name with the wire transfer.
Ensure the wire is sent in a timely manner so that it can be processed before the tuition deadline.
Be aware that wire transfers often take 4-5 business days.
Pay in person at the Student Payments Office
The Student Payments Office is Room B2118, located in Student Commons
We accept cash, cheque, money order and debit card. Be aware that debit cards have a daily payment limit set by your bank. Instead of waiting in line, consider registering for online banking.
Cashier’s window hours are:
• Monday to Thursday, 9:00am to 4:15pm
• Fridays, 10:00am to 4:15pm
• Summer months (May to August), closes at 3:45pm
Please note that we are unable to accept Interac e-transfers.
International students have the payment options detailed above and the additional ability to pay by Visa or Mastercard.
Credit card payments can be made at the cashier's window or via myEC.
At the Students Menu, click on ‘Make A Payment' under the My Finance heading.
Follow the steps to make your tuition payment online using a Visa or MasterCard.
Third Party Payments and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
In accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, employees of Emily Carr are not permitted to provide a student’s personal information to anyone other than the student without the written consent of the student. We require the signed submission of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Release Form before requests for information by a third party will be answered. This includes information on tuition and tax forms relevant to a specific student. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
Tuition Fee Deferrals
Tuition fee deferral applications are available at Financial Services for students with extenuating circumstances. The application for tuition fee deferral must be submitted to Financial Services and approved by the published tuition deadlines. It is recommended that students who require a deferral contact Financial Services as soon as the term commences.
Past Due Accounts and Deregistration
If students have not paid their fees in full by the published deadline, they will be de-registered from all courses.
Students who have been de-registered are still responsible for the tuition fees assessed.
Upon being de-registered all privileges and access to Emily Carr will be revoked and:
- a $50.00 late fee will be applied to the student's record;
- a restriction will be placed on the student's record prohibiting future registrations and transcript requests until the restriction is removed;
- the student's card will be deactivated;
- locks will be cut and the contents removed from the student's locker.
Students may appeal de-registration by submitting a written request to the Registrar's Office for consideration.
If reinstated, students must provide full payment for tuition, the late fee, and a $50.00 reinstatement fee.
There is no guarantee that the student will be reinstated in their original class choices.
Students who have a credit on their account after the tuition deadline will have the credit held on their account for the following term unless the student requests a refund.
Refunds for tuition payments made by a third party credit card, for example a parent or guardian's card, will be processed back onto the credit card used to make the payment.