This new book shares results from Leaning Out of Windows, a six-year collaboration by a group of artists, scholars and physicists exploring the connections and differences between the languages they use, the means by which they develop knowledge, how that knowledge is visualized, and ultimately how they seek to understand the universe.
5:15 | Opening Remarks:
With the book editors - Randy Lee Cutler and Ingrid Koenig
- Marina Roy - Dirty Clouds
- Mimi Gellman - Mapping Affinities in Art and Science
- Sanem Guvenc - Emergence, Invisible Forces and the Void
- Jess Brewer - Emergence, Free Will and Magic
Followed by participant exchange - Leaning in. LOoW participants share a few words:
- How did LOoW cause you to see things in new ways, or differently?
- Did the project generate new questions for you?
Copies of the book are available at READ Books at Emily Carr University, open 12-5pm, 7 days a week.
Supported by an SSHRC Insight Grant and the Emily Carr University Research Office.