Need immediate help?

  • Contact Security at 604-844-3838
  • Or use extension 3838 from any local phone.
  • Or pick up any of the security phones located throughout campus

Security + First Aid


Security is provided on site by GardaWorld contract security. Security are on site for the duration of building hours, open the buildings in the morning and secure them in the evening. They provide a number of services, including but not limited to:

  • first aid
  • security patrols
  • access
  • safe walk to vehicles
  • monitor fire and security systems
  • investigate thefts and suspicious activity

How to contact Security

The security desk is located behind reception on the 2nd floor. Although they may not be present at that location while patrolling or providing first aid etc., they will post a phone number where they can be reached.

The easiest way to contact them is by phone. Their number is 604-844-3838 or 3838 from any local phone. They can also be contacted by picking up any of the security phones located at various locations throughout the campus.

SafeWalk Program

Security can provide a safe walk to your vehicle or bus stop if you are concerned about your safety. Just give them a call or stop by the Security desk.

Security phone: 604-844-3838, 3838 from a local phone or by calling from one of the security phones located across the campus.

Card Access + Keys

The Emily Carr OneCard is your University ID card that provides access to library resources, A/V equipment checkout, and campus facilities, including classrooms, shops, studios, and any other areas and resources that are assigned for your specific requirements

Find out how to get your OneCard - and what to do if you lose it - here.

Keys for faculty and staff are issued from the Facilities Office. Find out more here.

First Aid

What happens if I am injured or become ill at Emily Carr?

Any injury or illness must be reported to Security which provides first aid treatment.

Security may be contacted at 604-844-3838, dialing 3838 if on an internal line, or using an emergency phone. Remember to provide Security with your location and the nature of the incident/injury.

Contact Security before calling 9-1-1. Security Officers are trained first responders that will respond immediately and call on emergency services if needed. The first aid room is located in room C1292 and is usually unstaffed.

What happens after I report an injury?

Security will complete an injury report form and forward the information to the Manager, Safety, Conduct and Emergency Management, who may initiate an incident investigation, depending on the nature of the incident.

If you’re an employee and you lose time from work due to the injury or see a physician regarding the injury, you MUST notify the Manager, Safety, Conduct and Emergency Management, as WorkSafeBC have to be notified.

Students injuries are reported to the Risk Management branch for the Ministry of Advanced Education.