The following information pertains to all students exhibiting on campus. Please read carefully before you submit your campus exhibition application form.
- Centre of work must be at 56″ from the floor
- No candles, flames or burning of materials of any kind.
- Flammable liquids and other hazardous materials are not permitted in your work.
- No live animals or insects are permitted in your work.
- Do not obscure or remove fire extinguishers, signage, security phones or any other safety equipment. These must be visible and accessible at all times.
- Do not cover or enclose the access to the electrical panels in any space.
- No installations are to be hung from pipes, duct work, sprinkler heads or light fixtures. Only structural pipes are to be used for suspending work.
- No installations are to be located at or within door entrances, elevators, stairwells or fire exits.
- Do not suspend or hang work upon or through the light wells/atriums.
- No installations are to be located in washrooms.
- No installations are to be hung upon, or interfere with, any support beams or ceiling panels.
- No unauthorized lighting fixtures (clamp lights, etc). Get permission before using specialty lighting of any kind.
- No installations are to compromise university HVAC systems. Install work only on walls with plywood backing. (Please see map)
- Screws must pass through drywall into a plywood wall, and not enter beyond 30mm. No nails. Consult with a Technician if not sure.
- Do not use permanent felt markers or pens on walls as they bleed through the paint and are difficult to cover. Walls are painted with (Dulux) flat Latex, obtainable from the Tool Crib.
- When painting walls, use painters tape and drop sheets to keep the area clean.
- Do not paint or alter any of the following: light switches, electrical outlet covers, fire pull stations, room numbers, doors, windows, floors, thermostats, security phones, door jambs, baseboards, lights or light fixtures, air ducts, fire extinguishers, water fountains, wooden or metal beams, floors and carpets, thermostats, ceilings, temperature controls, metal corner guards.
- Tools for installing your work are available at the Tool Checkout + Resale, but it is recommended to provide your own in case there is high demand for certain tools.
- All installation-related painting or spray painting must be done in any of the 3 ventilation booths in the school. 1st floor C1290 by the Tool Checkout, 3rd floor C3226 through room C3247 attached to the Design Woodshop, 4th floor A4016 near Print media.
- REMEMBER: you are responsible for restoring the space back to its original condition once you take down your work at the end of the show. Plan ahead for this necessary step. Technicians will take care of patching holes and doing paint touch-ups.
Students whose works and labels are not completely installed by the deadline indicated in Dates + Deadlines will have their work removed from the exhibition. Any installations/exhibits that are deemed unsafe by the safety committee or facilities will be removed from the exhibition unless modifications are made to comply with requirements:
- The floors will be polished before installation begins. Therefore, do not drag heavy things across the floor as this will leave marks on the floor.
This is a concern for everyone, not just those who bring their own equipment. As with the regular school term, you are financially responsible for the cost of any theft of, or damage to, any ECU equipment in your possession. If you provide your own – or rental – equipment, ECU will not be responsible for any theft of, or damage to, this equipment.