International Applications | Undergraduate Admissions

Welcome to Vancouver, BC Canada!

Apply to Emily Carr University of Art + Design.

Emily Carr University of Art + Design has a global reputation and diverse student body that includes international and visiting exchange students from over 50 countries worldwide. We welcome you to visit us and study here. Our community is culturally and artistically diverse, offering opportunities to increase awareness of culture and creativity within a global society.

We regularly host visiting international faculty and renowned international artists. Set against the backdrop of the spectacular city of Vancouver, BC, Canada, Emily Carr University is the perfect destination for you as a student of visual art, design, or media arts. Vancouver is a city that celebrates its multicultural tapestry, and Emily Carr offers international students a chance to thrive in this rich, artistic environment.

English Language Requirements

If English is not your first language you will need to submit an English Proficiency test. We are also pleased to offer a Creative Art Pathway (CAP) program for potential Emily Carr Students who do not meet the English Language proficiency requirements. Learn more on the English Proficiency page.

Portfolio Requirements

The portfolio requirements are the same as for applicants from Canada - whether for Foundation Year or transfer student applicants.

Academic Requirements

You must meet academic entrance requirements that are equivalent to high school graduation in Canada. We require completion of the highest level of secondary education available in your home country, in a program leading directly to university entrance. You must have at least a C+ average in the five courses that most closely match the British Columbia requirements. Learn about academic requirements on the First Year Academic Requirements page.

Special note for transfer students

Academic requirements for International Transfer Students are the same as for Canadian applicants. Learn about these requirements on the Transfer Student page.