The ECU Staff Excellence Awards is a new HR program to recognize staff members who exhibit and promote the values of the university, and have demonstrated excellence in their service to the university. Their efforts and achievements support their colleagues and the community in advancing the mission and goals of the university.
Staff can be nominated by fellow staff members, administrators, students or faculty.
These awards are open to:
- ECU staff members (CUPE or Administrators)
- Full-time or part-time permanent employees
- In subsequent years, previous recipients will not be eligible for 3 years after receiving the award
There will be two awards, each consisting of a $500 cash prize.
- Staff Excellence Award for Distinguished Service (open to staff with a minimum 10 years of service)
This award is intended to recognize the long-term contributions of staff who have created lasting positive impacts at ECU under the award criteria.
- Staff Excellence Award for Achievement (open to all staff, regardless of length of service)
This award is intended to recognize staff who have demonstrated significant achievement under the award criteria.
The awards will be presented in May 2020, at the Emily Thanks You event.
The Staff Excellence Awards aim to recognize staff contributions and commitment to the core values of the university. Nominees should demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Equity, diversity and inclusivity: Exemplifies strong advocacy for equity and diversity. Values, respects and supports community members across a broad range of differences to enhance a sense of belonging and inclusion. Demonstrated formal or informal leadership by embracing inclusivity through positive interactions, and leveraged differences to develop a creative and innovative workplace.
- Indigeneity and decolonization: Actively engages with colleagues and the community in demonstrated ways to support Indigeneity and decolonization through an intersectional lens.
- Community wellbeing, health, and safety: Goes “above and beyond” to create a safe and respectful working and learning environment for students and employees. Demonstrated a significant positive impact on the Emily Carr community in promoting health and wellbeing.
- Climate action and sustainability: Enhances the university’s position as a leader in environmentally sustainable practices through actions such as community action, programming, implementing resource-saving initiatives, and advocating green habits.
- Leadership: Positively influences others to build consensus and action around department or university objectives. Lead, guide and coach staff, develop staff talents, and successfully manage an efficient and effective unit.
- Collaboration and creativity: Exemplifies collaboration within and with other departments to create innovative methods for performing day-to-day activities, improving the value and efficiency of service provision.
- Service excellence: Enhances the university’s ability to meet its employee and student needs in an efficient and professional manner by going the extra mile, anticipating and proactively meeting and exceeding their expectations.
Sound like someone you know? Click the 'Nomination Form' button below to download the official form, complete it in full either electronically or on paper, and submit it to Human Resources by 4:30pm on Friday, March 6. You may submit either via email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or in person, at the front desk in the ECU Human Resources office.
Please note that to nominate a staff member, you must obtain their signed consent.
Want to download a PDF of the Award Criteria? Click the button below.
Please direct any questions you may have to email@example.com