How to self-post
Self-posting is the best way to loop in the Communications + Marketing team and gain promotion for your news story or event.
To get started, self-post through the Emily Carr website. Go to ecuad.ca/today, click on one of the "submit" tabs on the left, and fill in the fields as instructed (or use one of the links below):
Once your news story, event or notice is live (typically 1-2 business days), it'll make its way into our newsletters, social media feeds, and may receive a slide on our digital signage or be featured on the homepage of the website.
Community Updates submitted before noon on a Monday will be automatically included in the all-university email digests that are sent out to ECU inboxes every Tuesday morning.
Designing materials on your own
First, download and consult our Brand Guidelines to ensure proper use of our visual identity in your design.
Take accessibility into consideration. There are helpful tools online to do this:
- Test your design for colour and type size. We recommend Who Can Use.
- Test that your writing is plain and clear. We recommend Hemingway App.
Final Design Checklist
Use this checklist to ensure you aren’t missing anything important in your design:
- Have you included all contact details, address/locations and URL(s)?
- Do you have an official Emily Carr logo, and is it used properly?
- Do you want to include a territorial acknowledgement?
- Have you credited the artist or photographer? Images in the university image bank do not require credit. Ensure you have all necessary consent/release forms otherwise.
Working with contractors
If your project requires a graphic designer, printer, or another partner, use the freelance contract when confirming their services.
Email the Communications + Marketing office to request a list of recommended printers and designers.
Once you've found a partner, consult them as early as possible about the project. Schedule regular check-ins to ensure expectations are managed and products are delivered on time.
Collaborating with Communications + Marketing
The Communications + Marketing Office leads and supports projects pertaining to:
- Community + Internal Relations
- Marketing + Content
- University Communications
- Media Relations
- Visual Identity + Creative
To request to collaborate on a project, start by contacting email@example.com.