Accessibility Services

If you are a student with accessibility requirements, Accessibility Services offers support and accommodations to facilitate equal access for students with disabilities, to help maximize a successful experience at Emily Carr University.

Accessibility Services provides accommodations to the learning environment for students with speech, hearing, visual, physical, mental health and neurological disability as well as chronic health conditions and acquired brain injury. Accommodations may also be available for students who have a temporary disability.

Documentation that shows how your disability affects you in a learning environment will be required to establish your eligibility for services.

It is important to start the process early as services, equipment and funding requests require time to implement. Contact us in advance of your start date, preferably 3 – 4 months prior, so that accessibility accommodations can be established before the start of classes.

Meet with us to discuss eligibility for services and specific accommodations to support you during your time at ECU.

Appointments can be booked by phone at 604.844.3081, email, or our online scheduler (for students). Counselling, Wellness + Accessibility Services is located in D2380 on Level 2.