To graduate, students must submit a formal application for graduation. If a student plans to graduate, they must submit an application regardless of whether or not they intend to participate in the convocation ceremony.
There are two graduation dates each year, one in spring and another in fall. You must have all program requirements completed and graded before you are eligible to graduate.
- Spring graduation: May 8, 2024
- Fall graduation: November 1, 2024
There is no formal graduation ceremony for students who graduate in November. All November graduates will be invited to participate in the following May convocation ceremony.
Spring graduation in May
|Application opens:||November 27, 2023|
|Application deadline:||December 10, 2023|
|Application review:||December 11 - 15, 2023|
|Notification of eligibility:||December 18, 2023|
|Degree requirements must be completed by:||April 24, 2024|
Fall graduation in November
|Application opens:||September 2, 2024|
|Application deadline:||October 1, 2024|
|Application review:||October 2 - 7, 2024|
|Notification of eligibility:||October 11, 2024|
|Degree requirements must be completed by:||September 30, 2024|
Eligibility to Graduate
- To graduate in May, you must complete and be graded on all of your program requirements by the end of April.
- To graduate in November, you must complete and be graded on all of your requirements by the end of September.
- If you are completing your degree requirements in December, you are eligible for graduation in May.
Degree Parchments and Transcripts
- When you apply to graduate, you will be asked how you wish your name to be printed on your degree parchment. Only your legal name can be printed on your parchment, however, you can choose to have your full middle name or initials included.
- Your degree parchment cannot be released to you until your day of graduation at the earliest, provided all tuition and charges are paid in full.
- Transcripts denoting your graduation from the program cannot be ordered until after the date of graduation.
- You cannot receive your degree parchment or transcripts if you have an outstanding balance owing to the University.
Applying to Graduate
- The application to graduate is on myEC under the Academic Profile heading.
- The current graduation fee is $85.00 and this fee will automatically be applied to your tuition account at the time of application.
The graduation exhibition is an opportunity for graduating students to showcase their work. The exhibition is coordinated by a Graduation Exhibition Committee who will make information available about the exhibition in February each year. Inquiries about the exhibition should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.