In addition to personal counselling, a range of wellness programming is offered to students to reduce stress, and promote and enhance students’ success and well-being along seven dimensions of wellness: emotional, psychological, physical, financial, environmental, cultural and social.
In the midst of COVID-19 and the necessary distancing measures that are in place, we recognize that students may have very limited capacity and opportunity to meet their wellness needs. With this in mind, student wellness programming has transitioned online. We are piloting new wellness activities as we navigate online wellness programming for the first time. This group programming aims to foster community and a sense of belonging, and reduce feelings of isolation and loneliness that students may be experiencing as they remain vigilant against the spread of COVID-19.
Our initial weekly programming includes (but may be subject to change depending on interest):
- cook&connect live
- Small space gardening club
- Mindfulness meditation
- Time management workshops
- Skillshare workshops facilitated by students
Students will receive regular emails regarding our programming from Student Wellness. They can also follow @ecustudentwellness on Instagram to stay up-to-date on the latest information.
Individual Wellness Coaching Appointments
In addition to group wellness programming, individual coaching appointments are available with the Student Wellness Advocate. Due to the necessary distancing measures that are required by COVID-19, these coaching appointments are available by phone.
The Student Wellness Advocate is knowledgeable and informed of the current stressors and wellness needs and challenges of the student body, and provides guidance, strategies and resources to address these needs. The mandate of the Student Wellness Advocate is to foster student agency and empower students.
Coaching is available for:
- support and guidance in accessing and navigating university academic and non-academic policies, procedures, and appeals.
- guidance on navigating federal and provincial benefits for students related to COVID-19.
- addressing and preventing feelings of loneliness and isolation.
- navigating new technology for online classrooms and studios.
- practicing time management and motivation.
- unique support related to COVID-19 benefits.
To book a coaching appointment with the Student Wellness Advocate, contact email@example.com