Scheduling Office Hours
Monday - Thursday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Closed Friday, Saturday, Sunday
The Scheduling Office manages internal ad hoc room booking requests for faculty, staff and students.
FACULTY + STAFF
Rooms are available for university-related business or curriculum-related use only. If you have questions about usage or would like to inquire about availability, contact the Scheduling Office.
Find information about student room bookings on our Student Room Requests page.
Event vs Activity
To help you plan, we’ve defined events vs activities. Please note that the university moratorium on external event bookings (rentals + partnerships), will continue until further notice.
An event is organized by ECU staff, faculty or students, and is typically open to the public.
If your plans include any of the following criteria, you will have to use our Event Booking Process:
- Requires technical support
- Is open to members of the public
- Has an audience of more than 25 people and is not related to a required curricular activity
All events require you to complete a risk assessment, and collect proof of vaccination. Your event will be conditionally approved until the Risk Assessment has been reviewed and approved by Alex Dove, Manager of Health + Safety.
Please submit your risk assessment before you fill out the Event Request form.
An internal activity is typically tied to curriculum (e.g., related to a class or program requirement) or university business. Activities may also include small extracurricular events that are limited to staff, students, and faculty, as long as they do not require technical support. Some examples of activities include: student club meetings, photoshoots, installations, critiques, auditions, and student film shoots.
ONLINE or HYBRID EVENT
Online events include Zoom meetings and webinars, and require support from ITS. Hybrid events may combine in-person programming and virtual elements, and may require risk assessments depending on the live components.
Health & Safety Requirements
By the order of the Public Health Officer, discretionary events will require organizers to verify proof of vaccination. This requirement applies to all events for a non-curricular purpose (e.g., a film screening, social event, coffee night). This proof of vaccination requirement applies to all attendees, including staff, students and faculty. For attendees over the age of 18, you must also check the vaccine record against a piece of government-issued photo ID.
Failure to abide by the Provincial Health Order can result in a fine of up to $2,300.
More information is available from the BC Government website.
If you are planning an event that requires proof of vaccination, you must take the following steps:
- Include that proof of vaccination will be required on your event posting.
- Discuss your plans for checking proof of vaccination with Alex Dove, Manager of Health, Safety and Emergency Management.
- Assign staff or volunteers to check vaccination status of all attendees, using the BC Vaccination Card Verifier App, and ID for attendees age 18 and over. You can access instructions for the vaccine card verifier here.
- Control entrance and exit points to ensure all attendees are being checked upon entry.
- Additionally, all attendees of indoor events must be wearing masks.
All attendees must do a daily self-assessment using the BC COVID-19 app.
I would like to book an:
Bookable Rooms + Spaces
Exhibition spaces in the Michael O’Brian Exhibition Commons (MOEC) on Levels 1 and 2, the RBC Media Gallery and the Reliance Atrium are booked through the Libby Leshgold Gallery.